Bento boxes provide you the chance to give your child a lunch that is fun as well as healthy and frugal!
Have you wanted to learn more about bento boxes? Then take a look below at tips for packing a back to school bento box lunch. You will find some easy and inexpensive bento box lunch tips that you can try this new school year. Packing a bento box lunch is easier than you may think, so take a look at these tips for ideas on how to get started!
First, here is what you will need:
- Divided bento box with lid
- Assorted small cookie cutters, metal works best
- Small spreaders
- Paper or silicone cupcake cups
So how do you use these materials? The idea is to use the cookie cutters to create fun shapes out of your meat and cheeses. You can even use these on breads and other food items that can be cut into shapes.
The cupcake cups are great to use as dividers for small items such as nuts, berries, grapes, etc. They can help to better display the item while keeping it contained and in place. Spreaders are perfect for including toppings, dressings, and other spreadable items in the bento box.
Tips for packing a bento box lunch:
1. Try to include the various food groups. You can pack cheeses for dairy, nuts or meat for protein, assorted fruits and veggies, and even avocado for healthy fat.
2. Make it themed. You can find all sorts of themed lunch ideas online that will guide you in creating some fun and edible ideas!
3. Get your child involved. Let your child help plan the meal and even help cut out the shapes if possible.
4. Keep it fresh. Use as many fresh and natural ingredients as possible.
5. Keep it fun. Remember that the bento box does not need to be picture perfect. Create something fun and tasty and you will have done the job well!
Try packing a bento box lunch for your child and see how well it goes over! You are sure to create something fun, tasty, and above all, healthy!