OK, maybe it’s not really finger food as these Toasted Ravioli Skewers are actually on sticks, but they are easy to enjoy sans plate in your hand. These are always a big hit at our house, no matter who is in the crowd!
Toasted Ravioli Skewers are pretty inexpensive and easy to make — they always make for a lasting impression too! It is hard to make them too far in advance of your party but are so worth the simple effort! Feel free to try other kinds of ravioli for a variety or change up on flavor.
- 3/4 Cup vegetable oil
- 1 Cup flour
- 2 Free range eggs
- 1 Cup toasted bread crumbs (whole wheat)
- 1 Tsp salt
- 1/2 Tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsps dried oregano
- 1/4 Cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 Pack whole-wheat spinach and cheese ravioli
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Separate flour, eggs, and bread crumbs in 3 bowls.
- Add oregano, cheese, salt and pepper to the bread crumbs.
- Take raviolis 1 by 1 and dip them in the flour, then the egg, then the bread crumbs.
- Make sure raviolis are completely coated on both sides.
- Put ravioli on a skewer and fry for 5 minutes.
- Drain on a paper towel and then rip into it like a monkey on a cupcake
Tip: serve with a light pesto sauce to compliment all the flavors in the filling.