Top Tips to Sell Your House Quickly
We are FINALLY getting our house ready for the big sale — so I have been doing a lot of homework on maximizing curb appeal and making it a smooth experience! Most of our stuff has been sorted/packed/organized and we are just hunting for the right property.
Selling your house takes a lot of work! It’s a stressful time that includes cleaning, corralling the family out for showings and hoping for good news and an offer. Everyone wants to sell their home quickly and that’s why it’s so important to have your house clean, “staged” and inviting. The market is turning around and it’s a great time to sell a home. We sold our home in 12 days so yes it can be done! If you are looking to sell here are some awesome tips to sell your house quickly.
- Increase your curb appeal: The front of your home is the first thing buyers see, you need to work to make your home as inviting as possible. Make sure that the landscaping looks nice and bushes are trimmed also keep the yard mowed. Put a nice coat of fresh paint on the front door, update the outside lights. Plant some flowers or if it’s winter put a pretty wreath on the door. These can all be done pretty inexpensively and will make a huge difference in how quickly you sell.
- Depersonalize your home: This is a hard one! We all love having pictures of those we love around our home. However buyers want to see themselves living in your home so try and do your best to take down photos and make it as neutral as possible.
- Get Rid of Clutter: Clutter in the home is makes the space feel smaller and you want your home to feel nice and big so start getting rid of items or store it. Make sure kitchen and bathroom counters are clear.
- Go Neutral: Do you have a bright colored room or wall? If so you will want to paint it a neutral color. I know painting a wall can be an easy fix but many buyers are looking for something that is move in ready.
- Clean, Clean and Clean Some More: You want your home to sparkle and smell clean. Get those deep cleaning projects you have been putting off done. Clean the windows, clean the carpets, wipe down the walls and shine up your faucets and mirrors. To make your home shine during showings open up the windows for the most natural light and turn on lights to make it sparkle even more.
- Set the Mood: Make those buyers feel warm and invited so they never want to leave your house! I always lit a candle and baked some cookies for potential buyers. Just buy some cookie dough at the store and pop a few cookies in the oven. Its something that buyers will love and they will remember your home and that’s what you want.
Have you sold a home recently? If so what are your tips to sell your house quickly that might benefit us all?