Every year, I shared my list of cool things to do in the summer and I realized, it was time to do it again for the summer of 2013!
Keep in mind that this isn’t a list of everything you HAVE to do over the summer!
It’s a list to refer back to when you have those “what should we do today” moments.
There is NO WAY we will get everything on the list done in the 10-12 week window of summer vacation !!! Just like meal planning – some ideas can roll onto the NEXT list if they don’t actually happen on THIS list.| Some things are a definitely happening item and some a “fillers”.
Here is OUR list, just in case you need an idea or two to start yours!
This summer seems swallowed up already —
- We have a week of Camp Invention (Science Camp) – over!
- A week of Library “Lunch Bunch” – over!
- We have a week of Vacation Bible Camp – over!
- We have a week at the Cabin with my Father-In-Law – over!
- We have 2 weeks in Florida (surprise Disney Trip)
- We also have those FREE season passes to Noah’s Ark water park… – been a few times!
All of that should make a tiny list for us of extras….
So far our list:
- *Make “Fairies in a Jar”
- *make Popsicles (I shared my recipe list in the recipe section!)
- *library and bookstore reading programs – signed up
- *A Rainbow Birthday Party for Miss Sarah! – it was a hit!
- *Girl Scout Event (of their choosing) – A Dance Workshop from an older troop
- *crafting (an ongoing process)
- *Church Drive In Movie Night – missed it
- *make homemade ice cream (I got a machine free from TW a few years ago and we didn’t use it ONCE last summer and found a pretty cool recipe for SnickerDoodle Ice Cream to try!!)
- *homemade bubbles with dish soap and white corn syrup
- *Visit the local county fair – did it!
- *a few family cookouts/pool parties- good so far
- *4th of July parade – made it
- *Concerts on the square (free) – made 2…
- *Go to the zoo – going with the scout troop soon!
- *Visiting our Children’s Museum – been there twice
- *Picking Strawberries — missed it
- *Checking out the blooming lilacs at the McKay Center in Madison – done!
- *Visiting the Madison Farmer’s Market
- *Attending the free Kid Workshops at the Home Depot the 1st Saturday of the month – I think we missed them all, LOL Maybe in September!
I think that MORE than covers summer for us!!
How is YOUR summer going?