They are fun to eat, VERY inexpensive to make and usually put a smile on someones face in the morning…perfect for those lazy days!
We like to take it further than that…
Once baked in your waffle iron, and cooled on a wire cooling rack, they are simply fun bread and can be used for sandwiches when you cut them down the middle.
Try a peanut butter & jelly with sliced bananas…yum!
You will need:
2 cups all-purpose flour 1 3/4 cups milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon white sugar (I mix it with a little Tupperware Cinnamon Vanilla seasoning)
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat waffle iron…
Beat eggs in large bowl with hand mixture until fluffy or just let it rip in your stand mixer.
Stir in flour, milk, vegetable oil, sugar, baking powder, salt and vanilla and mix by hand or with electric mixer until smooth.
Pour batter onto waffle iron and cook until golden brown.
Super easy! We like to make these the batter the night before and keep it in a Tupperware Fresh N Cool Medium container. That makes it easy to pour into your waffle iron the next morning, just let it set for ten minutes or so warm up a bit.
This recipe makes 6 waffles in my Belgian Waffle iron.
- Basic waffles
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1¾ cups milk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon white sugar (I mix it with a little Tupperware Cinnamon Vanilla seasoning)
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat waffle iron
- Beat eggs in large bowl with hand mixer until fluffy or use a stand mixer
- Stir in flour, milk, vegetable oil, sugar, baking powder, salt and vanilla
- Mix until smooth. Pour batter onto waffle iron and cook until golden brown