I may have been compensated for this post. If an item is being reviewed, I am not obligated to give a positive review and always use my own words. This disclosure is in accordance with Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. If you would like a review done contact Dannelle at firstname.lastname@example.org
Everyone enjoys adding items to their bridal registry when a wedding is coming up, but sometimes it is hard to know what should be on this list. Since it can be a tough thing to figure out, I have come up with a list of things that are great additions to any bridal registry.
What To Put On Your Bridal Registry
This post contains affiliate links.
A bridal registry is one of the best ways for your friends and family to know not just what you like, but what you need for your new home. Most people either feel lost when it comes to creating a bridal registry, or they put items on their list that may not be appropriate. There are a few things to consider when creating a bridal registry, so I am going to break down those down and give suggestions of items to include.
Include budget-friendly options on your bridal registry: Yes, this is meant to be a wish-list of sorts and will include things you might not be able to afford personally, but you also should include items that anyone can afford. There will be friends and family who want to gift something but have a limited budget. Giving them affordable options that you will love is easier than you think.
Some suggestions for budget-friendly bridal registry items:
- Kitchen towels, pot holders, or similar small items in colors and themes you like
- Picture frames and memory books to hold your wedding photographs
- Kitchen utensils like spatulas, wooden spoons, serving spoons, tongs, and knives
- Silicone baking mats, silicone cupcake liners, or other small kitchen gadgets
- Decorative bathroom hand towels or soap dispensers
- Throw rugs or welcome mats
All of these items are relatively budget-friendly, and can easily be a unique gift item that you will love and use. The idea behind a bridal registry is to give people something they know you want so you aren’t disappointed or regifting items.
One thing that has been seen on bridal registry lists that I am not a fan of are the large and pricey appliances. It is one thing to include a toaster or blender, but asking for a washer and dryer or refrigerator seems uncouth in my opinion.
Include gift cards: Man people shy away from this as an item on the bridal registry, but it is actually a great choice since so many people can use the gift cards to do things other than basic bridal registry gifts. Gift cards can buy groceries, toiletries, take you out for dinner or even pay for clothing items you may need. These may be things that you don’t feel comfortable nor should you put on your bridal registry, but the gift would help you and your budget.
You can also create a gift card only registry that includes all of your favorite restaurants, grocery stores, or even places like home decor stores or similar that will give your guests an easy way to stay within their budget and still gift something you need and want.
Include household supplies: This is something that is a great idea for those who are just moving in together or buying a new home. Household supplies are those little expenses that can add up fast. Things like cleaning supplies, laundry detergent, and even basics like toilet paper can be costly when you first stock up all at once. While this may not be the popular or trendy thing to receive at a formal wedding shower, it is a great option to include on your bridal registry list as an option you would welcome receiving.
Some suggestions for household supplies to include on your bridal registry:
- Paper goods like toilet paper, paper towels, and napkins
- Cleaning supplies like all-purpose cleaner, glass cleaner, and furniture polish
- Trash bags and trash cans
- Aluminum foil, plastic wrap, wax paper, and parchment paper
- Food storage items like Rubbermaid containers, Ziploc bags, or similar items
- Hampers or laundry baskets
- Laundry detergent, fabric softener, and stain removal products
Small kitchen appliances: This is the one area of splurging that I am great with including on a bridal registry. You can include some simple inexpensive items like a toaster alongside pricier things a specialty toaster oven. Both can be utilized, but there are variables in pricing to suit the finances of your friends and family.
Suggestions for small kitchen appliances to include on your bridal registry:
- Hand mixer, stand mixer, or emulsion blender
- Food chopper or food processor
- Traditional blender or high-powered blender
- Food dehydrator, juicer, or smoothie maker
- Toaster oven, toaster, microwave oven
- Baking sheet, muffin tins, casserole dishes, and stoneware
- Crockpot in various sizes
Home decor items: While this may seem more like a housewarming gift, many couples do start out their marriage in a new home. They may be combining items that they already own, but bringing in new items that are theirs and not his or hers can help make your new space feel more like home. These items are great additions to your list, and can easily be customized to your taste and any budget.
Suggested home decor items to include on your bridal registry:
- Picture frames, paintings, and wall hangings
- Vinyl decals of quotes or scriptures
- Lamps, candles, or wax melt warmers
- Essential oils and essential oil diffusers
- Area rugs, throw pillows, and throws
- Magazine racks, coffee table books, and centerpieces
- Tablecloths, napkins, napkin rings
Be as specific as possible: This is really important for a bridal registry so you don’t have to return items or regift. Things like choosing specific color themes to match your home, brands of products that you can use if you have allergies or preferences of silicone baking products over traditional stoneware or aluminum pans. All of these things can be useful to the person checking out your bridal registry.
Creating a functional bridal registry is one of the most fun parts of getting married. You get to create the ultimate wish list of things you and your partner want, and then enjoy the benefits of having those items gifted to you in celebration of your marriage. These tips will help you cover multiple things you can use while also giving your friends and family various options that can fit into their budget easily.