Ant-Man and Yellow Jacket Drinks
I may have been compensated for this post. Please keep in mind that it affects you in no way financially. If an item is being reviewed, I am not obligated to give a positive review and always use my own words. This disclosure is in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. If you would like a review done contact Dannelle at firstname.lastname@example.org
One of the Disney movie experiences I loved the most was being in NYC and listening to Paul Rudd chat about his role in the Marvel movie Ant Man. Not only is Paul a very funny guy in real life, he was a delightful addition to the Marvel franchise and will be a great leader as that team transitions to the newer characters. Needless to say, I am delighted with the movie coming out on July 6th.
In honor of that film, we have created a drink for each of the main characters — you can choose who you wish to support. Add a shot of vodka and you no longer have a treat for the kiddos, but sweet for the adults.
Both of these Ant Man recipes will yield approximately 2 quarts each.
THE ANT MAN INGREDIENTS (BLACKBERRY LEMONADE)
2 cups blackberries (I used fresh but you could also use frozen)
6 cups water, divided into 2 cups and 4 cups
1 cup superfine sugar
THE ANT MAN DIRECTIONS
1. Juice 4-6 lemons to get 1 cup of freshly-squeezed lemon juice
2. In a blender or food processor, purée the lemon juice and blackberries.
3. Pour the mixture through a strainer to strain, discard any seeds. Set aside.
4. In a large saucepan, add 2 cups of water and the sugar. Boil until dissolved.
5. Remove sugar water from heat and cool.
6. In a pitcher, add the sugar water, blackberry purée and 4 cups of additional water. Stir until well-combined.
7. Refrigerate until chilled or add ice to glasses.
8. Garnish with a blackberry.
THE YELLOW JACKET INGREDIENTS
3 cups freshly-squeezed lemon juice (from about 12 lemons)
2 cups superfine sugar
4 cups cold water
Garnish: lemon slices
THE YELLOW JACKET DIRECTIONS (HOMEMADE LEMONADE)
1. Juice 15-18 lemons to get 3 cups of freshly-squeezed lemon juice. Pour into a pitcher.
2. Add 2 cups sugar into the pitcher and stir until dissolved.
3. Stir in 4 cups of cold water and chill or add ice to glasses.
4. Garnish with a lemon slice.