Tartfully Delicious Lemon Pie Moonshine Recipe
I may have been compensated for this post. Please keep in mind that it affects you in no way financially. If an item is being reviewed, I am not obligated to give a positive review and always use my own words. This disclosure is in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. If you would like a review done contact Dannelle at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tartfully Delicious Lemon Pie Moonshine
I am not sure why summer makes me think of moonshine – maybe it is that thought of sitting on the back deck, barefoot, on a hot day with a mason jar of cold goodness that condensates to the point it starts to drip on me? Add that to the incredible flavors of Lemon Pie with a meringue top and doesn’t it just sound like heaven?
Lemon Pie Moonshine Drink Recipes
Lemon Pie Moonshine from scratch
One thing you need to know is this recipe will take weeks to cure. All of my moonshine recipes take about 4 weeks to infuse the flavors before you strain them to enjoy. There really is no hack or cheat to speed up the process if you want a great moonshine!
Lemon Pie Moonshine Quart Recipe
This recipe of mine makes exactly two quarts of moonshine but is spread over 4 pint jars instead of in two large quarts. You can easily tweak that factor by cutting the recipe in half and using only one quart jar to house the ingredients. That means you would put 2 lemons, 2 cups of Everclear, 2 TBSP of simple syrup, 2 tsp of cupcake syrup, and 4 TBSP of marshmallow syrup in your jar. Just follow the other directions to finish curing it.
Lemon Pie Moonshine Recipe
This isn’t that hard to assemble, but the waiting time is what kills you. It really takes about 4 weeks for any well-flavored moonshine to settle into its true taste so may I suggest starting a batch every few weeks or so to ensure you never run out?
Lemon Pie Moonshine Ingredients:
- 4 – pint-sized mason jars
- 4 lemons sliced ( 1 lemon sliced in each jar )
- 4 cups of Everclear ( 1 cup in each jar )
- 4 Tbsp. of simple syrup ( 1 tbsp. in each jar )
- 4 tsp. Cupcake syrup ( 1 tsp. in each jar )
- 8 Tbsp. of Marshmallow syrup ( 2 in each jar )
- And you will need a cheesecloth
Now, what is cupcake syrup?
It is a flavoring that can be used in everything from coffee to ice cream drinks. Torani Cupcake syrup replicates the sweet, softly baked flavor of a perfect cupcake. With smooth notes of vanilla cream and an enticing aroma, this decadent flavor is the perfect addition to mochas, steamers, or blended drinks; simply add 1 oz. syrup to an 8 oz. drink.
To put it simply, it rocks and takes this drink to the next level.
Marshmallow syrup is pretty similar, but heed my warning: do NOT get the sugar-free version. It has a nasty aftertaste that will spoil your finished product.
Lemon Moonshine Instructions:
First of all, you will need to make the Simple Syrup. It really isn’t that difficult, you just add the water and sugar into a saucepan over medium heat. You let it go until that sugar dissolves and a syrup liquid forms. You will want to let this cool before you continue.
If this confuses you, check out this quick video:
Once your simple syrup has cooled, continue to make your lemon pie moonshine cocktail!
- Add the lemons, limes into each mason jar
- Add Simple Syrup, cupcake syrup, marshmallow syrup, and Everclear into the mason jar.
- Shake together until fully combined.
- Store in a location that remains at room temperature with no access to direct sunlight.
- Shake the jars every two days to help with the infusion process.
- After 4 weeks remove the fruit by straining through a cheesecloth.
- Pour your moonshine back into the jars and seal.
- Place in a refrigerator for up to 30 days.
Other recipes you may enjoy: