Chewy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars
I may have been compensated for this post. Please keep in mind that it affects you in no way financially. If an item is being reviewed, I am not obligated to give a positive review and always use my own words. This disclosure is in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. If you would like a review done contact Dannelle at firstname.lastname@example.org
After reading Green Enough, I have been working on more recipes for healthy stuff for the family. These Chewy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars are better for you than the offerings from Fiber One, Special Kay, Zone Perfect, Fit & Active, PowerBar and even Kashi. No fake sugars, no ingredients that can’t be pronounced, just real food for real tummies.
You will need:
2 C flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 1/2 C oats
1 1/2 C brown sugar, packed
1 1/4 C unsalted sweet cream butter, melted
2 large eggs
1 Tbsp vanilla
2 1/2 C nestle milk chocolate chips
1 9×13 baking dish fitted with parchment paper
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Using a large mixing bowl combine the 2 C flour, 1 tsp baking soda, 1 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp cinnamon. Mix with a whisk until combined.
- Mix in the 2 1/2 cups oats and add them to the dry ingredients in the mixing bowl.
- Using a standing mixer, mix the brown sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla until combined.
- Gradually mix in the dry ingredients.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Once the timer goes off stick a butter knife or toothpick into the center and see if the cookie bar is still doughy.
- Bake for a few minutes longer if need to.
- Allow them to cool completely and then cut into bars.
Print off our Chewy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bar Recipe Here: